Deadline : November 15, 2023
Apply for the 2023 AAUW’s International Fellowship program. The program aims to support women to pursue full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the U.S. This program is dedicated to eligible female applicants who are non-U.S. citizens and who do not hold permanent residence in the U.S. Fellowships are awarded for graduate and postgraduate studies at a University/ Institution in the United states
For the 2024 academic year, AAUW is several International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships which are also renewable for a second year. In order to benefit from these fellowships, you must have applied for your proposed institution before you submit your fellowship application.
Candidates are usually selected based on academic excellence and achievement as well as their commitment to women and girls. It is expected that up on completion of their studies, applicants will return back to their home countries to put their skills to practice and become leaders in various sectors.
Eligible candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application, and Recipients must be planning to return to their home countries to contribute to the development of their communities, become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts and other scientific fields.
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits
- Master’s/first professional degree Scholars will receive a fellowship grant worth $20,000
- Scholars for Doctoral programmes will receive a grant worth $25,000
- Postdoctoral scholars will receive a fellowship grant worth $50,000
These Fellowship grants may be used to cover the following costs.
- Your Educational expenses
- Cover your Living expenses while in the U.S
- Take care of Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants my be citizens of any country other than the U.S. if they are to be considered
- Those already residing in the United States must posses a non-immigrant visa
- You must posses an undergraduate qualification equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2023.
- Applicants must be intending to return to their country of origin to pursue a professional career
- Candidates must prove sufficient proficiency in English. Proof of possession of a secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution would be sufficient
- If you are applying for the Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral programme, you must have applied an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year by the deadline of application.
- Those applying for a Postdoctoral programme must provide proof of their doctorate degree.
Applications are summitted online by clicking the Apply Now button on the programme website. Applicants will be required to create their accounts are submit preliminary information. You application will require you to submit supporting documents including the following
- Request and submit three recommendations from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits
- Submit your Degree, Diplomas and transcripts of records from the college or university where your highest degree was obtained
- You must also submit Proof of English Language proficiency.
- Postdoctoral applicants must submit proof of a doctorate or M.F.A. degree
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here