Deadline : January 20, 2021
Are you interested in Studying in Finland. Do you have dreams of achieving your Master’s Degree at one of the best institutions in Europe? Are you ready for the Experience of your life time living and studying in one of the most student Friendly cities in Finland? Åbo Akademi University Scholarships are awarded every year to students from non EEA countries for a 2 year masters program of at Åbo Akademi University in Finland
With around around 4,900 undergraduate students and 650 postgraduate students in their campus towns of Turku and Vaasa, Åbo Akademi University (ÅAU) is one of the best, student friendly and dedicated and research driven universities in Finland and Europe as a whole. The University currently offer nine different programmes in a number of different fields all this combined with good teacher-student relations, small groups and good possibilities to get individual support within the studies.
When applying to Åbo Akademi University, you have the opportunity of indicating on your application form if you wish to apply for a scholarship. In the application form the you will be are asked to answer a set of questions related to motivation and future goals. The answers to the questions will be assessed by the scholarship committee who makes the decision on granting the scholarships. Therefore there is no separate application form for the scholarship.
Non EU/EEA Tuition fee-paying students are eligible to apply for scholarship categories covering a part or the whole tuition fee as detailed below.
- You can apply for a full tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 100 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years
- Applicants may also apply for a tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 50 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years
- You must prove sufficient academic performance and meet the admission conditions for into Åbo Akademi University
- Applicants must meet the programme requirements for their preferred program
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements, i.e. you have a nationally recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education,
- you must meet the programme specific requirements; i.e. your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- you must meet the language requirements for admission to the program of your choice. Accepted language certificates include TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic test, C1 Advanced or C2.
You will apply for the scholarship at the time of application for admission to the program of your choice, therefore there is no separate application for for the scholarship. You will need to submit supporting documents to complete your application. You will have to collect the required enclosures and scan them. At the application stage only scanned enclosures (in color and pdf format) attached to the online application.
The Application process will open on January 7 to January 20 2021. You must prepare the following documents.
- An officially certified or legalized copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- The officially certified or legalized copy of relevant Master’s degree certificate in the original language.
- Applicants applying for the programme relevant master’s degree will always need to also enclose your bachelor’s degree certificate.
- A Translation of original degree certificate(s) in English, Swedish or Finnish.
- An officially certified or legalized copy of the original transcript of records of all higher education studies completed so far, including present studies, in the original language.
- Translation of original transcripts of records to English, Swedish or Finnish.
- A diploma supplement must be enclosed when available.
- Proof of language skills in English, please see information about language requirements
- Copy of passport (information page containing the applicant’s name, date of birth, nationality and photo)
- Residence permit (for non-EU/EEA-applicants already residing in Finland or some other EU country on a more permanent basis, both sides needed)
- Any other enclosure required by the programme (please see the programme presentations) or relevant for the application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here