Schwarzman Scholars Programme for Young Leaders to study in China 2020-2021(Fully-funded)
Deadline: September 30, 2019
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field;
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year;
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English.
Applicants who hold passports or permanent resident cards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao apply online from January to May 31. Candidates invited to interview are notified before July, and attend interviews at Tsinghua University in Beijing in early July. Final admissions decisions for Chinese Schwarzman Scholars are announced before October each year.
Applicants holding a passport from any other country apply between April and September. The application, including all supporting documentation such as reference letters, must be submitted by the deadline. Some universities or colleges, especially those in the United States, may opt to establish an earlier deadline for completion of letters of recommendation. We encourage all currently enrolled undergraduate students to check with their university or college contact about any internal/campus-specific procedures that need to be followed. Candidates invited for interview are notified in mid-October. Interviews take place in three locations around the world with candidates often being invited to the location that is geographically closest.
The required forms and records include
- Online application
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)