Deadline : September 22, 2023
Apply for the Academy Scholars Program in USA at Harvard University. The Academy Scholars Program aims to support and encourage exceptional outstanding scholars in various fields including social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of different countries other than the U.S and Canada. Applicants for the program are usually scholars at start of their careers, from countries outside the United States and Canada.
The Academy Scholars is a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship dedicated to recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates. This program is primarily dedicated to scholars in the areas of Social Sciences and law and is hosted at the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
Selected applicants will receive substantial financial and research assistance, while working on several projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas. Participants will work under the supervision of Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members. They will receive mentorship to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Selected scholars will receive an annual stipend of $75,000 for a period of two years
- Applicants who are selected before earning their PhD will receive an annual stipend of $31,000 till the time they are awarded their PhD
- Along with the annual stipend, you will also receive extra funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, as well as health insurance coverage.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- This scholars program is dedicated to applicants from countries outside the United States and Canada
- Applicants must be recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the fields of social sciences or law.
- Scholars who are still pursuing a PhD are also welcome to apply. However, they must have completed their routine training and currently engaged in the writing of their theses.
- Applicants who have already completed a PhD program must have completed their PhD within three years of the application deadline of October
The application process opens July 1, 2023 and will close on September 2023, 2023. Applications must be submitted online using the online application portal under the APPLY ONLINE button. You application must be accompanied by the following materials.
- A well drafted Cover letter stating clearly your academic field, country or region of specialization, and your proposed research topic
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae or resumé. Please include a list of publications
- You ware required to write a Research proposal worth around 2000 words elaborating your intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- Provide academic transcripts of PhD qualification
- Request up to three (3) letters of recommendation that must be uploaded through the online application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here