Deadline : May 5, 2020 .
Apply for the ACMS Masters and PhD Scholarships at University of the Witwatersrand. The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for MA and PhD scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’.
Applicants can opt for full scholarships available for Four MA and Five PhD for students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS academic year in 2021
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Applicants are eligible for full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2021
Rate this post
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- You must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS
Application process requires you to submit the application form along with the required documents:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
To apply contact, [email protected]