Deadline : August 31, 2021
Apply for the The AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship for Africans Students. The JADS Program is dedicated to applicants from eligible AfDB member countries who posses relevant professional experience. Applicants must demonstrate a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts. Candidates for the scholarship must have completed their undergraduate degree and are curranty applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline.
Recipients of this scholarship will receive coverage for tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance. Scholars, up on competition of their studies, will be expected to return to their home countries to contribute to the development of their communities through applying and disseminating their newly acquired knowledge and skills.
Founded in 2017, the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity-building project by the AfDB and Japan which aims to provide two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students. Scholarships are offered for selected Master’s degree programs in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan.
Applicants selected for the JADS Scholarship program will receive the following benefits:
- The program will cover the full tuition full fees for the Master’s degree program you applied for
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger at the time of application
- Selected applicants will receive coverage for an economy class air travel between their home country and the host university.
- You will also receive coverage for the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- Scholars will receive a monthly subsistence allowance to cover their daily living expenses
- You will also receive an extra allowance to cover study materials such as books
- A research grant may be available for scholars engaged in research and thesis preparation.
- If need be, the programme may also cover costs involved with computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses.
To apply for the AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants must be nationals/ residents of a AfDB member country. (Full list here)
- You must hold a Bachelor degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related field
- Applicants are required to have accumulated at least 1 years of development-related experience.
- You must apply and be accepted unconditionally at one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree.
- Executive Directors, employees of the African Development Bank Group, their families or a close relative may not apply of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be in good health.
Applicant for the scholarship must complete their applications through their preferred participating universities. You are therefore advised to contact your preferred university and inquire on the application procedure. The complete application process will entail the following procedure
Applicant contacts participating university and request application forms and application procedure information
- You must then apply and receive admission for the eligible Master’s degree course
- Applicant completes scholarship application form and together with support documents including university transcripts and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal, sends the whole package to the host university
- JADS Secretariat sends shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities
- Universities screens and evaluated eligible applications and sends a short list to the JADS Secretariat
- JADS Secretariat makes final selection and prepares final list of selected applicants
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here