Deadline : April 2, 2021
Applications are open for the AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2021 . AFRIKA KOMMT! is a capacity building programme that was initiated by German companies to foster German-African business relations. This fellowship programme aims to connect visionary African professionals to leading German companies in Germany.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme runs for a period of one year. Participants will spend one full year in Germany, including an 8-month practical training in a German company. This initiative lays the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa and aims at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
Over nineteen of Germany’s leading businesses have committed themselves to this partnership that aims to train young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies. The main idea behind the initiative is to create a win-win-situation for the programme participants and the partnering companies.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! programme will be sponsored and financed by the participating companies. Fellows will receive coverage for all costs related fellowship programme including:
- You will receive assistance to get your Visa for Germany for one year
- Fellows will receive a roundtrip airfare from their home countries to Germany and back
- Selected applicants will also receive coverage for Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth € 750 to cover your personal costs
- At the end of the fellowships, you will receive a one-off relocation allowance worth € 1.000 for settling back into the home country
- Your Monthly salary during the internship at your hosting company will be approx. € 1.500
- Applicants will receive accommodation during their stay in Germany including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges
- You will receive coverage for Health, accident and liability insurance
- You must be a National and Citizen of a country in Africa
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger and physically fit
- Applicants must have achieved a University degree in a relevant subject in order to apply
- If you posses a Postgraduate degree like an MBA, you will have an added advantage
- You must have accumulated at least two of relevant work experience
- Demonstrate Excellent English language skills at all levels
- Although not a must, basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
Applicantions for the AFRIKA KOMMT! programme must exclusively be submotted online using the programme application portal. Any applications sumbitted via oother means will not be considered. Applicants are advised to follow the following procedure when applying.
- You must check an conform that you meet the general candidate requirements for you to apply
- Applicants must then check for available fellowship placements and required profiles for the new intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!.
- You must then select your preferred profiles. Applicants must select a maximum of 2 profiles in the application form and should give reasons for their choice.
- Register and complete your application using the online portal. Application must be completed in English
- During the application process, you will be asked to upload a short presentation about your motivation, an idea for a change initiative, a photo and your certificates.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here