Deadline : December 2, 2019
The University of Glasgow is part of the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership. This is a consortium of ten Higher Education institutions which has been awarded funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to support postgraduate studentships and training in the Arts and Humanities in Scotland. Under the Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) scheme, the consortium – comprised of the Universities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Highlands and Islands, St Andrews, Stirling, Strathclyde, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Glasgow School of Art – will consider applications for doctoral studentship awards in the majority of Arts and Humanities subjects.
The College of Arts has a limited number of scholarships on offer for 2020/21, and applications will be considered at the same time as applications for AHRC scholarships.
- Tuition fees and annual stipend at UKRI rate (restrictions may apply, see eligibility and guidance notes)
- Applicants should apply to their preferred institution. Following an internal selection process, each institution will nominate a number of applications to the Scottish Graduate School for the Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) who will make the final decisions on awards across the consortium
- In the case of EU and international applicants, any award may be limited to tuition fees only.
- Note that funding support for EU students starting courses in academic year 2020 to 2021 will cover the duration of their programme.
- In order to be nominated for a scholarship, applicants must hold an unconditional or conditional offer of a place on a PhD degree programme in one of a specified range of disciplines.
- Applicants must not be holding another full Scholarship for the 2020/21 academic session. Applicants holding a part scholarship (e.g. fees only or stipend only) may still be considered.
- Read guidance notes (download AHRC-College Scholarship Guidance Notes for Applicants 2020 (PDF, 181 KB)
- Complete scholarship application (one application for both AHRC & College scholarships) by Monday 2 December 2019 (download AHRC College Scholarship application form 2020 (Word document, 56 KB)).
- Complete online Admissions application by Monday 2 December 2019, 12 noon (BST)