Deadline : March 31, 2021
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence enabling Africa’s talented students to become innovators driving the continent’s scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The AIMS Structured Master’s Program runs for a period of over three semesters. This course aims to train and equip participants with the AIMS core skills and builds a standard core set of problem-solving skills which include estimation, computation, approximation, modelling, data analysis and statistics. The elective review phase allows students to apply these skills in some of the most exciting areas of science.
During the final phase of the AIMS course students will have the opportunity to do a research project and write a scientific report under the supervision of an expert researcher on a topic of their choice. Research initiated in these projects often develops into further postgraduate research work after AIMS.
- You will have the opportunity to be taught by renowned African and international teachers and supported by a team of resident tutors.
- Students study in a highly interactive teaching environment where they are encouraged to learn together through questions and discoveries.
- There is tremendous emphasis on computing with 24-hour access to computer rooms and the internet.
- The program builds a Pan-African student body made up of at least 30% women.
- AIMS graduates embark on outstanding graduate programs and professional careers in Africa and around the world.
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits
- You will have the opportunity to receive a Full scholarships covering tuition for the whole duration of the programmme
- Your scholarship will also offer accommodation, meals and travel expenses are also awarded to successful applicants.
- There is no registration fees are required for the candidates selected for the Master’s degree.
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country
- You must posses a 4-year bachelors university degree in mathematics or any other science/engineering discipline with a significant mathematics component
- Students who are expected to graduate by the date of commencement of AIMS training are also welcome to apply.
- You must demonstrate strong records of performance in mathematics, leadership and community service skills.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The main aim of the AIMS Master’s in Mathematical Sciences is to develop well-rounded scientists with excellent problem-solving skills, who have the ability to develop creative thinking and scalable innovation. Thus, this programme provides both a broad overview of cutting-edge sciences and strong mathematical and computing research skills.
For all admitted Students to the program, the AIMS tuition, study materials and housing are fully funded through a generous scholarship. AIMS’ residential nature allows more contact time between lecturers and students than is available in a typical university setting.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here