Deadline : January 31, 2020 .
The AEA Summer Program aims to broaden participation and increase diversity in the economics profession to ensure that more traditionally under-represented views and backgrounds contribute to scholarship in the field. All US citizens and permanent residents are eligible for scholarship assistance.
Since 1974, the AEA Summer Training Program and Scholarship Program have increased diversity in the field of economics by preparing talented undergraduates for doctoral programs in economics and related disciplines. AEASP is a prestigious program that enables students to develop and solidify technical skills in preparation for the rigors of graduate studies. As many as 20% of PhDs awarded to minorities in economics over the past 20 years are graduates of the program.
All students receive 2 months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty. At 3 credits per class, students have the opportunity to earn 12 college credits.
- Program runs from May 28 – July 26, 2020.
- Successful, eligible students receive a $3,250 stipend.
- Round-trip travel to and from East Lansing, MI is provided.
- Room and board on the MSU campus are provided for the program’s duration.
- Opportunities to do and present research at the program conference are included.
- Be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of a degree-granting program at a college/university in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate education.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree.
- College/University Fall 2019 transcript(s).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation with a minimum of one (1) from faculty.
- Two short-essay responses. (The questions will be found in the application itself.)
To apply, Click Here