Deadline : May 31, 2021
Apply for the Young Scientist Training Program (YST) in South Korea. The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) announces several positions for the APCTP Young Scientist Training program. This fellowship program is offered at the postdoctoral in the field of theoretical physics and related fields. Fellowships are open to international students who wish to carry out research and fellowship work in South Korea
APCTP, an international center founded in 1996 aims to pursue world-leading level of research in theoretical physics. The center aims to acive this goal through training of young scientists in the Asia-Pacific region. Fellows selected for this fellowship program will be provided with advanced career development opportunities. Applicants for the program must be young scientists who are at an early stage of their research career but with a proven record of research.
The APCTP YST fellowships will be held at the APCTP, Pohang, Korea. The environment is specially set up to provided potential collaborations with in-house senior academics , POSTECH faculty & members, visiting scholars from Korea and abroad, and participants of various scientific programs organized or supported by the APCTP.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The fellowship provides funding to selected fellows for the first year
- Funding is extended for the second year subject to satisfactory research performance and the availability of resources for the program.
- Fellows will receive an annual gross salary worth KRW 36,000,000 along with a research grant worth KRW 5,000,000 per year is provided.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants for this fellowship program must be young scientists from the Asia-Pacific region
- Candidates for the program must be young scientists who are at an early stage of their research career but with a proven record of research.
- You must demonstrate interest in theoretical physics and related fields
- Applicants must have sufficient academic qualification to carry out research at at postdoctoral level
Applicants must download the application form, fill it and together with support documents, send it via mail to: [email protected]. Below are the required support documents.
- Your most recent curriculum vitae;
- Provide a short description of research your previous accomplishments
- If applicable, submit a list of all your publications
- Draft and submit a statement of proposed work;
- Request two (2) (letters of recommendation from individuals who now you well,
- Your recommendation letters must be sent directly from your referees by the application deadline
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here