Deadline : March 18, 2020 .
Applications are open for the Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature for the year 2020-2021. The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation. To be eligible, you must be a student at a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies with an institution outside of Norway.
Norway has a population of just over 5 million and is one of the three Scandinavian countries. Over the years, Norway has been ranked as one of the best countries to live in with the lowest crime rates in the world.
The grant must be used for fieldwork in connection with a Norwegian higher institution of learning and with a Norwegian tutor. Grants are awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months, and cover travel to/from Norway, accommodation and living expenses in Norway for this period.
This grant is awarded for a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months. The fieldwork must be conducted at a Norwegian higher educational/research institution, and the applicant must provide details of a tutor at this institution who has agreed to tutor the student during his/her stay in Norway. The grant is given as a contribution to covering expenses in connection with the research stay in Norway
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
Grants are awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months, and cover travel to/from Norway, accommodation and living expenses in Norway for this period.
A travel grant of:
- NOK 2 000 for travel from countries in Europe
- NOK 3 000 for travel from St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia
- NOK 5 000 for travel from other cities in Russia, other Eurasia countries and countries outside of Europe
A grant for board and lodging:
- The grant follows the rates set by The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund for basic support and is NOK 11 020 per month.
- To be eligible for the grant, candidates must be studying Norwegian language or literature at Master or Ph.d. level
- The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students in countries outside Norway and at institutions with a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies, whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation.
- The grant must be used for fieldwork in Norway in connection with the dissertation.
Please follow the steps below in order to apply for the grant
1. Prepare a project description and contact a tutor and an institution of higher learning in Norway.
2. Fill out the online application form in either English or Norwegian.
3. Your application will be assessed by the Programme Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad.
4. The applicant will be informed about the outcome of their application approximately in May.
5. Required attachments:
- a recommendation letter from the home institution tutor
- a personal invitation letter from the Norwegian institution
6.Please remember to submit the application before the annual deadline March 18th, 2020.
To apply Click here