Deadline : April 3, 2020 .
Apply for the 2020 SEASAT Youth Camp in Taiwan. The The second SEASAT is now open for applications and will stay open until the 4th of April with results to be announced on 8th May 2020. The second SEASAT Youth Camp emphasizes on the role women and gender issues play in contemporary society. After undergoing years of lobbying for inclusive policies, women and other marginalized members of society are beginning to break through barriers erected by outmoded social thinking.
The theme of this year is , “Diverse, Empowered, Inclusive,” In collaboration with the American Institute in Taiwan, the 4-day camp, will expose participants to women and gender issues through seminars, workshops, educational tours, as well as a crash course on basic leadership. The 2020 SEASAT Youth Camp will bring together 50 promising Asian youths who share the ideals of continuing the progressive momentum for women and gender issues.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The organizers will cover all local expenses (Taiwan) incurred during the camp, including meals, lodging (4-beds per room), insurance, educational materials, and other miscellaneous fees (museum entrance fees), and local transportation for event-related activities.
- However, organizers will not provide subsidy/sponsorship for airfare and visa. Therefore, participants will have to cover/look for external funding for their own round-trip transportation to Taipei, Taiwan.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered youth camp
- Applicants must be between 18 to 24 years old
- They should also be interest in contemporary Indo-Pacific issues, and youth leadership
- Eligible applicants must be citizens of Southeast Asia, South Asia or Taiwan
- Applicants must holds a passport/Means to travel to Taipei, Taiwan
You will need create your application online and submit the following information:
- You should submit your application online, until 23:59, 4 April 2020. Please note that early submission is highly encouraged so as to make the application process more easy.
To apply, Click here