Deadline : May 20, 2021
Apply for the Apply for the ASEM DUO-Sweden Fellowship Program 2021. Established in 2010, the DUO-Sweden Fellowship Programme was founded with the main aim of promoting exchanges of participates between Sweden and 21 Asian countries. The program runs on a balanced basis where a PAIR of two persons, one from Sweden and one from an Asian Country, are exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
This year’s DUO-Sweden program will start from August 2021 and run till September 2022. Usually, an educational institution in Sweden applies on behalf of both institutions and participants who wish to participate in the exchange. Both participating Institutions (From Sweden and Asia) cooperate fully to arrange for the exchange program. Therefore, Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices at their home institutions to file an application for this program
The duration of this fellowship program is limited to one semester or a maximum of 4 months, whichever comes earlier.
Selected participants both from Sweden and Participating Asian countries will receive the following benefits
- Participants from Asian Institutions will receive 3,500 Euros and 3,500 Euros will be granted to Swedish students in a pair, in high income country.
- If the Exchange is done with a Middle and Low income country, the Asian student will get 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student get 3,000 Euros.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Candidates must be citizens and residents of the 21 participating Asian countries. (Full list here)
- Applicants for the program must be undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in universities.
- Participants must maintain their students status by the time of application till the time they are engaged in the exchange program.
The Exchange usually runs on the following principals
- An educational institution in Sweden and the educational institution in one of the participating Asia countries should hold an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement
- The host Swedish institution has to select an EU national student, who is send to the Asian host institution, and the same is done by the Asian institution.
The program is arranged with cooperation between the Swedish home Institution and the Asian host institution. Swedish home institution will apply on behalf of both institutions. Applicants are therefore advised to contact their home institution to express their interest in participating in the program.
Your application file, to be submitted at your home institution, and later submitted by the Swedish home institution on your behalf must include the following
- A fully completed online application Form
- Copy of cooperation agreement or Memorandum Of Understanding for cooperation between paired institutions in Sweden and Asia OR
- Declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution
- The paired applicants’ copy of passport
- You will also include a copy of your transcripts
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here