Deadline : March 31, 2020 .
Apply for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program at the Asian Institute of Technology. The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government. The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.The Asian Institute of Technology ADB-JSP scholarships are awarded for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields such as:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
Successful applicants will benefit from the following offers
- Tuition fees (actual costs)
- Housing (based on actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off campus housing—to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Student Medical and accident insurance (flat allowance).
- Books (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Economy class air travel at most direct route to and from the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs).
- Miscellaneous expenses related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, etc. (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage up to 20 kgs may be financed during return travel to the home country (actual costs).
- Thesis/Research Allowance is intended to cover the scholar's research expenditures and can be used for such expenditure items as photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, postage, communications, binding charges, local travel costs and accommodation for out-of-town trips. (a flat allowance)
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member.
- Have Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Have Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of AIT are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
To apply, you should follow the procedure below:
- Applicants should request information and application forms from AIT.
- Applicants should indicate to AIT that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. T
- AIT will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, AIT may contact the candidates for further information.
- AIT will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
Below are the required documentation
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of 4 years of undergraduate degree program
- Have English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center(IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- Work certificate provided b the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse income statement; otherwise, parent income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
To apply Click here