Deadline : March 31, 2021
Apply for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program at AIT (Asian Institute of Technology). Established in April 1988, the Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) is made possible with financing from the Japanese government. The main aim of the scholarship is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified eligible individuals from ADB developing member countries.
Applicants for the scholarship must be applying to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries. The Asian Institute of Technology ADB-JSP scholarships are awarded for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields such as:
- A Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- A Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- A Masters programmes in Engineering.
If you are successfully selected for the scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits.
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees for your selected programme
- Applicants will be eligible fir student Medical and accident insurance for the duration of their stay.
- You will receive a flat allowance to cover costs involved in buying books
- Selected applicants will receive housing provisions either based on actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off campus housing.
- You will receive a stipend in for of an allowance to cover your costs.
- Selected applicants will be eligible for an economy class air travel from their countries of origin.
- Your costs related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, will also be covered.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- You must be a citizen/ national of one of the ADB borrowing member (Please see full list here)
- Candidates must provide proof of sufficient proficiency in oral and written English communication skills
- The age limit for applicants is 35 years, however, in exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Applicants must have achieved a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- You are required to have accumulated at least two years of work experience at a time of application.
- Applicants must agree to return to their countries of origin after completion of studies under the Program.
To apply, candidates are advised to follow the following steps.
- You must first request information and and application forms from AIT, and submit your application.
- Candidates must indicate to AIT that they are applying for admission and that they wish to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship.
- Up on recipient of all applications, AIT will screen and rank the applicants,
- AIT will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
You will need the following support documents for your application
- A Copy of Degree Certificates and Transcripts from previous studies
- Proof of English proficiency in form of score certificates as required by AIT Language Center(
- IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) OR
- AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- A work certificate provided by your employer.
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here