Deadline : April 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Austrian Government OeAD Masters Scholarships 2020. The Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Master Studies in the Field of International Relations is managed by OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria.
The scholarship is offered for 10 months (one-time extension for a maximum of another 10 months is possible when successful study Progress can be proved). The number of scholarships this year are at maximum 10 scholarships. According to the regulations of this grant programme applications are only accepted for master degree programmes in the field of International Relations which at the moment are only offered by the Diplomatic Academy and the Webster University
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary at the Moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Accomodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (student dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Travel costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The scholarship is open to students who are descendants of forced labourers under the Nazi regime (regardless of their country of origin) or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers
- Applicants must be accepted for master degree programmesin the field of international relations which directly entitle the graduate to study in a doctoral/PhD programme at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six month before taking up the grant. Exempted are applicants who have successfully completed the Diploma Programme of the Diplomatic Academy (DA) of Vienna and are accepted for the second year of the MAIS (Master of International Studies) programme.
You will need create your application online and submit the following information:
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- A fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, that confirm the necessity of the stay in Austria and provide information about the scientific qualification of the applicant. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the Institution / university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application.
- Confirmation of Admission/acceptance or the application for Admission/acceptance. Without a confirmation of admission the scholarship cannot be awarded.
- Applicants who are descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
To apply, Click here