Deadline : June 10, 2020 .
British Council is calling for applications for the British Council IELTS Award 2020 where applicants can receive up to £10,000 to fund their studies worldwide!. The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, founded in 1934 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1940, working with more than 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, the English language, education and civil society.
Creating opportunities that can change lives, the British Council established the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist high calibre individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- The British Council is offering an IELTS Award worth between £3,000 up to £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution chosen by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual's selected course.
- The award applies only to courses in the 2020-21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution where the applicant will be conducting their studies.
- If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be aged 18 years or over on 31 July 2020
- You must have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany
- You have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- You are planning to enrol in the 2019–20 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list.). The tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- You must be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 31 July 2020.
The application for the award is completed in 2 steps:
- Take the IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Germany and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany. Please note that a TRF issued by a test centre outside of Germany cannot be accepted.
- Complete and submit the online application form by 14:00 (German time) on 10 June 2020.
To apply Click here