Deadline : October 15, 2021
Apply for the Deutsches Museum in Munich Scholar-in-Residence Program 2022. The Deutsches Museum in Munich offers several scholarships to research scholars who are interested in working at the Museum in Munich Germany. The programme runs for six or 12 months with selected scholars working on projects involving the museum’s vast and heterogeneous collections.
During their stay, visiting scholars will have daily contact with the museum’s curators, archivists and librarians along with other members of the Münchner Zentrum für Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte. Applicants will base their projects on the collections of the Deutsches Museum with close cooperation with museum staff. They will receive assistance when formulating their research proposals
Program participants will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone. Scholars will reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available. You will present your research projects to colleagues at the start of the program which will then be implemented during your stay. Among other activities, scholarship recipients will be expected to participate regularly in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Pre-doctoral scholars will receive a stipend worth € 7,500 (six months) / € 15,000 (full year).
- Scholars at Post-doctoral level will receive stipends worth € 15,000 (six months) / € 30,000 (full year).
- Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available.
- They will present their research projects to colleagues at the beginning of their stay and will be expected to participate regularly in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants of any nationality are welcome to apply for the programme
- Scholars must be at a seniority level in order to apply for the programme.
- Applicants must posses at least one Master or PhD university degree at the time of application.
- All scholars will be required to be make their own provisions for health insurance.
- You must have the ability to read German as a prerequisite for the application
Applicants must submit their applications by the deadline of October 15, 2021. Applications must be submitted by post to the address provided. Your application and references should be sent to the address below along with other required documents
- A fully completed application form (To be downloaded from the website.
- Your most recent curriculum vitae
- The candidate’s project description of about 3 to 5 pages.
- Request two confidential references which may be sent directly by the referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here