Deadline : April 24, 2020 .
Call for applications is open for the International Youth Summer School 2020 in Reykjavik, Iceland. The event will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland from June 25th-30th 2020. The theme this year is Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition. This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues
As the main discussion goes, Technology and Innovation has already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly, and it is continuing to evolve on a near daily basis with the introduction of robotic automation, technical innovations and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide.
The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for the future possible changes. We will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education and training for sustainable future global development will be. We will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The complete program is covered by Youth Time International Movement and partners, but please take into consideration that travel costs and visa come at your own expense.
- Hostel accommodation is fully sponsored by Youth Time International Movement and partners.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must be young people 18-35 from around the world;
- Applicants must be fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Applicants must be Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in education sphere;
- Applicants must be show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
Caution should also be taken by participants
- To respect the culture and tradition of the hosting nation and organization. Avoid insulting people by bringing up sensitive topics and refrain from political statements for the harmony of the event.
- To refrain from showing discord and causing disorder based on religious, sexual or national identity, political point of views, or social status differences.
- To participate in ALL activities organized during the event, except for the parts that are marked as optional. The program of the event is designed is such a way that you will have free time for relaxing, shopping, sightseeing etc. We’re kindly asking participants to maintain a working frame of mind.
- To maintain a proactive attitude as well as punctuality. This especially in regard to all transfers. Departure times are fixed and will not be altered for individual preferences. Organizers are not responsible for any other transport arrangements as well as any costs involved.
- Dress code is casual/smart casual and cocktail dress/smart suit for welcome reception and farewell party. No short trousers and flip-flops are allowed while working at the event. Keep in mind that the Icelandic weather is changing, and you can experience 4 seasons in one day. Bring warm clothes, rain jacket and waterproof walking shoes!
To apply you must follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You have to fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- You then Submit your up-to-date CV
- You will neeed to make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
To apply, Click here