Deadline : June 30, 2022
Apply for the KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries. The KAAD scholarships program is aimed for eligible students with above-average performance in studies and research and a religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in different regions. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channeled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe. KAAD supports his scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries
- KAAD supports his scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be coming from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there. Please see current Partner countries here
- Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- You should be planning to study for a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university
- Applicants who wish to do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university may also apply
- You are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination).
- If you belong to any other religions, you may apply if you are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove your commitment to interreligious dialogue
- You possess German language skills before starting the studies
- For applicants without German skills, KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany.
- Applicants for Master-scholarships should be of the maximum age of 30, while applicants for PhD-scholarships should not be older than 35.
You are expected to demonstrate the following qualities
- Above-average performance in your studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here