Deadline : April 27, 2020 .
Apply for the Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships. LSE is pleased to confirm three Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships for the 2020/21 session. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is one of the foremost social science universities in the world. The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships are generously supported by Standard Bank of South Africa PLC.
LSE opened its doors in 1895 with three rooms and 200 students. Today more than 11,000 students study for degrees at our central London campus, while more than 40,000 more learn on campus or remotely. Much as alot has changed, the commitment to the original vision of LSE, as ‘a community of people and ideas, founded to know the causes of things, for the betterment of society remains unchanged
The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships at London School of Economics and Political Science are to support academically gifted students who do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The program offers three scholarships for this academic year.
- The scholarships will each provide:
- The cost of full fees for the eligible programmes
- A maintenance stipend for living costs
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries
- Preference will be given to residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
- The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
To apply you must follow the following procedure
- Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
- Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker including completing Section G: Personal Statement.
- Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 27 April 2020.
- If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete Section G: Personal statement.
- The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed on the application tracker after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards like this one will be contacted by email thoughout May, June and July 2020.
To apply, Click here