Deadline : March 15, 2021
Apply for Traineeships at the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union. The European Council is the EU institution that defines the general political direction and priorities of the European Union. It consists of the heads of state or government of the member states, together with its President and the President of the Commission.
Every year, General Secretariat of the Council (GSC) offers around 100 places available for paid traineeships, around 20 places for unpaid compulsory traineeships and and up to 6 places for paid trainees with a disability.
As a trainee, a traineeship at the General Secretariat of the Council (GSC) offers:
- You will gain first-hand experience of the work of the GSC
- EU knowledge and full insight into the processes and policies of the EU institutions
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to the Council’s day-to-day business
- Trainees will be offered a chance to work in a multicultural, multilingual and multi-ethnic environment
- You will get the opportunity to share your fresh point of view and the knowledge you have acquired during your studies
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Most of the traineeships offered are paid.
- Paid trainees receive a traineeship grant of 1196,84 €/month, a canteen card, accident insurance coverage and a contribution towards the travel expenses from the place of recruitment to Brussels.
- Compulsory trainees and students of national schools of administration do not receive a traineeship grant.
- However, Compulsory trainees receive the travel allowance, the accident insurance coverage and a canteen card.
- Information Clarity
- Page Loading Speed
- Information Quality
To be eligible, you must fulfil the following criteria
- You must be a EU citizens OR
- Be a citizen from candidate country that has concluded EU accession negotiations
- You must have very good knowledge of at least two EU official languages. Given that English and French are used extensively for internal communication within the GSC, a good knowledge of English or French is required
- Usually, the majority of applications come from candidates with qualifications in law, political science, international relations, EU studies and economics.
Please Note: In regards fields available for traineeships, the GSC is also looking for trainees with qualifications in other domains, such as: translation, human resources, communication, education studies, computer sciences (collaboration platforms), archives and document management, civil engineering, graphic design, multimedia, agriculture, biochemical engineering, health and food safety, energy management, environment, aerospace engineering.
Please note that applications open February 15, 2021 and close March 15, 2021. To apply, you must provided the required documents and attachments which must be delivered using the online application platform.
You should also note that applicants who have already benefited from any kind of training (paid or unpaid) or employment for more than 6 weeks within an EU institution, body, agency or office are not eligible for the Traineeship program.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here