Deadline : September 15, 2023
Apply for the Asian Development Bank Internship Program 2023. The ADB Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students from selected Countries on the ADB’s Members list. The program aims to offer experience to selected interns through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs to participants from selected participating countries.
Running twice a year, the program welcomes motivated, self-directed and open minded participants to gain experience through several interactions that take place during the program. Through this program, ADB aims to enhance a platform to exchange and generate knowledge with external partners. The program last for a period of is minimum of eight (8) weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 26 weeks or six (6) months for one internship assignment.
For participating interns, the program offers you the following opportunities
- To work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries.
- The opportunity to gain experience working in a major international development organization
- You will have the opportunity of gaining a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The programme will provide Stipend to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days.
- Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
- Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled in a Master’s program or PhD at a university in one of the member nations (ADB), before applying and after the internship has ended
- Applicants must be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work
- You must be national/ Citizen of one of ADB’s members (see list here)
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent English language skills
- You must not be a close relatives of ADB personnel
- Applicants must have have some level of professional experience relevant to the assignment
Please note that the applications for the program open July 15, 2023 and close on September 15, 2023. As an applicants, you should follow ADB announcements for the assignments on the website and then choose the assignments of your own choice/ interest
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- Applicants will have to attach the following documents during their application process
- All documents including your CV and essay.
- Academic qualifications including Diplomas and certificated and other relevant documents
- The selection committee will evaluate applicates based on relevance of academic study and work experience as well as the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here