The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2019 - Morocco (Fully Funded )
Deadline: September 15, 2019
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the eighth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
As we believe that it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in policy making and in shaping narratives, PCNS encourages intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond, between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers, through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program (ADEL).
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship youth program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
- For the 40 to 50 selected participants, PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco.
- In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation, during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 (inclusive) on July 15;
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean – that is, citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin and on the African continent;
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English;
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 9-15, 2019 in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following materials by Sunday September 15th at 11:59 pm Rabat time:
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a one-minute YouTube video* addressing the following:
o Introduce yourself
o Why are you applying to the program?
o Do you consider yourself a leader and why?
To apply, Click here