Deadline : May 31, 2022
Apply for the Atlas Corps fellowships for 2022! Through Atlas Corps fellowships, Atlas Corps aims to advance the U.S. State Department Education and Cultural Exchange Bureau’s Mission which is to promote mutual understanding through people-to-people exchanges and to further U.S. foreign policy objectives. This is achieved by engaging international exchange visitors like you and American communities in a diversity of positive, safe, and enriching educational, cultural and professional exchange programs.
If you want to expand your network and develop your professional skills and, you between 22 and 35 years old with English proficiency as well as a bachelor’s degree and a passion for a life-changing personal and professional experience, then you are welcome to apply
The 12-14 month Fellowship takes place in the United States where fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows. Fellows in this prestigious fellowship receive health insurance, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
For the 2022 program, Atlas Corps are inviting applications for the following fellowships:
- Climate Change and Environmental fellowship: This fellowship is dedicated to applicants from any country around the world. Fellows will spend 12 – 14 months in the United States learning and working on initiatives to save the Planet.
- Operations and Human Resources Fellowship: Fellows under this program will be posted at different organization to support and develop operational frameworks in Human Resource.
- Southeast and East Asian Leaders Fellowship: This fellowship is dedicated to emerging leaders from Southeast and East Asian countries to spend 12 – 14 months in the United States. Fellows will have the opportunity to serve full time at different organizations building capacity and leadership abilities.
Participants in this program usually receive the following benefits
- Program-related international travel
- Receive Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Placement at a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series)
In order to participate in the program, you will have to meet the following conditions
- You are required to have two or more years of relevant experience in a relevant field
- For Climate Change and Environmental and Operations and Human Resources Fellowships, candidates come form any country around the world other than the United States.
- Applicants for the Southeast and East Asian Leaders Fellowship must be emerging leaders from one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Applicants must posses at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent o higher at the time of application
- You are require to have sufficient English proficiency (oral, writing, reading) in order to apply
- Candidates for the fellowship are expected to be 35 years or younger at the time of application
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-14 month Fellowship
- Demonstrate commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
You are required to complete and submit your application online. Your application will include a brief eligibility test to determine if you meet the basic requirements of our programs.
You will then will be asked to give information on their passport, travel/visa history, language skills, employment history, professional skills, and social issue areas. Applicants will also be required to complete three short essay questions during the application and also submit the following documents.
- Your official transcript or diploma from previously attended universities to date
- You will need 2 Recommendation letters: These letters will be submitted by two recommenders who know you in a professional capacity.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit here