Auckland University of Technology Fully Funded Marsden PhD Scholarship
Deadline: June 8, 2020
The Auckland University of Technology calls applications for a Marsden funded PhD Scholarship in Statistics including all tuition fees and a tax-free stipend is available at Auckland University of Technology (AUT) in Auckland, New Zealand starting as soon as possible for a period of three years.
This funded education program has International collaboration with researchers at Deakin University in Australia and Nottingham Trent University in the UK and available for international students with high potential to achieve their success in a PhD field.
AUT is a contemporary New Zealand university focused on providing exceptional student opportunities and learning experiences, and graduate success in a context stimulated by impactful research and industry connectivity.
The successful PhD applicant will apply modern analytics and biostatistics to identify depression subtypes and relationships among demographic, epidemiological, psychosocial and blood-assayed risk features of depression. These analyses will involve the use of both traditional statistical techniques and machine-learning algorithms. This position provides a unique opportunity for a student with a Masters or Honours qualification in analytics or statistics to gain valuable experience in healthcare analytics and biostatistics as well as to work with an international team and contribute to a highly important health issue in New Zealand and internationally.
Full-time domestic tuition fees Stipend of $27,500 per annum
- Applicants must have completed a Masters or Honours qualification in analytics or statistics, with first class Honours or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and have an outstanding academic record and be prepared to conduct the doctoral study at Auckland University of Technology (AUT) based in Auckland, New Zealand. Applying for a scholarship and admission into AUT are separate processes at AUT.
- Applicants must fulfil all conditions for admission to the Doctoral Programme in AUT.
- Requirements for the Doctoral programme include having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency. Minimum English language requirement for international applicants – IELTS scores of 6.5 overall with 7 in writing and all other bands 6.0 or higher.
Applicants must apply through the AUT Scholarship application portal and upload:
1. A curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum).
2. A brief outline (2 pages maximum) describing your research skills and experience
3. A summary (1 page only) of your motivations for and goals in undertaking a PhD.
4. Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study completed at a university other than AUT. Obtain two academic referee statements requested by the applicant from the on-line application system. Applicants must not submit referee’s reports directly. Nominated referees will be sent a request directly from the system.
To apply, Click here