Deadline : September 1, 2023
The Ernst Mach Follow-Up Grants are dedicated to PhD holders and postdoctoral scholars from non-European developing countries. Eligible applicants must be Postdocs who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university in a Non-European developing country. Applicants must also be previous recipients of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH.
These are Short-term stay grants intended to last between 1 to 3 months and usually runs from January to June. Grants are offered for potential projects in the fields of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities as well as Arts
In general the programme aimed to achieve the following goals
- The programme aims to promote research cooperation
- This programme also works to promote young academics in the early stages of their scientific career
- To establish an effective network of researchers with relations to Austria
Accepted applicants will recieve the following benefitss
- The programme offers a Monthly grant worth EUR 1,150 for a duration of maximum three months.
- Selected recipients will receive assistance in arranging accommodation and health insurance.
- You will also have the possibility to book accommodation in a dormitory or apartment with the OeAD Housing office.
- The OeAD will help recipients secure insurance required for the entire duration of your stay in Austria.
- For Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries, the programme will also provide you with a travel costs subsidy worth a maximum of EUR 1,000.
Candidates for this programme must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be Citizens or Nationals of one of the following eligible countries (Please see full list here)
- This grants programme is dedicated to PhD holders and Postdocs who are currently pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution or university in a Non-European developing country
- Applicants must have a maximum age of 50 years at the time of application
- You are required to have sufficient knowledge of English and/or German
- Your application for this grant must be for projects that can be completed within a period of maximum 3 months
- You must not have studied or pursued research or any other academic activity in Austria in the last 6 months
Applicants for the grants programme must secure a research or project work offer at an institution Austria. They must then complete the online application form, and submit the following documents
- Consent of the academic partner in Austria confirming your offer.
- Submit a scan of your passport profile page with the name and photo.
- You must also submit proof of employment in form of a letter issued by your home institution.
- Applicants must include their most recent Curriculum Vitae.
- You must also submit Scanned copies of your university graduation certificate of PhD or doctoral studies.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here