Deadline : June 30, 2020 .
Continuing the powerful legacy and spirit of volunteerism from the Olympic Games Beijing 2008, the Organising Committee plans to recruit 27,000 volunteers for the Olympic Winter Games and 12,000 volunteers for the Paralympic Winter Games. The volunteers selected will have the unique opportunity to work in one of the Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou competition zones and play a valuable role in a variety of areas such as sport, media operations, language services and technology.
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories: general and specialist volunteers. Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services. Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones. The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must have the knowledge and skills required for their positions;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; and
- Must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
Favourable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
The application opens on 5 December 2019 and will close at 24:00 on 30 June 2021 Beijing Time. All applicants are requested to register and apply on the Beijing 2022 Volunteer Application Portal
To apply Click Here