Deadline : June 30, 2021
Apply to for the Beijing 2022 Global Recruitment Programme for Games Volunteers program. Continuing the powerful legacy and spirit of volunteerism from the Olympic Games Beijing 2008, the Organizers of the Beijing 2022 Games are recruiting up to 27,000 volunteers for the Olympic Winter Games. There is also need for up to 12,000 volunteers for the Paralympic Winter Games.
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories:
General and specialist volunteers.
- Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services.
- Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
Games volunteers will be tasked with several roles related to the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones. You will work in several volunteering roles such as international relations, competition operations, cultural programmes, logistics, security, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology and transport
- Selected volunteers will have a unique opportunity to work in one of the Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou competition zones.
- They will be part of a wider team of personnel who will play a valuable role in a variety of areas such as sport, media operations, language services and technology
- Volunteers will work in several roles including international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be ready to abide by Chinese laws and regulations and show will and interest to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- You must be at east 18 years old on 1 January 2022
- Applicants must be in good health to be able to carry out their duties
- You must be able to communicate effectively in Chinese and/or English
- Applicants must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Those who serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Applicants who posses a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
The application process for those who wish to become volunteers will close on June 30, 2021 Beijing Time. You must submit your application using the provided online application portal.
To apply, Click here