Deadline : November 7, 2023
Apply for the British Chevening Scholarships 2024 to study in the UK. Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government’s global scholarships programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
The significance of the Chevening scholarship scheme rests on its large scope. Approximately 700 scholarships are awarded each year to students from more than 110 countries, allowing students from developing countries to access British tertiary education institutions, some of which are of a very high standard as determined by international rankings.
Chevening scholarships are awarded for master’s degree study at various Universities in the United Kingdom. Applicants are free to choose the participating university and master’s degree program they wish to study for, for the one (1) year duration. You will be required to apply for admission at your selected University for the program of your choice.
The most popular destinations for the Chevening Scholars to study in 2012 were the London School of Economics & Political Science, University College London, and the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, University of Nottingham, University of Bath and King’s College London. You may find a detailed step by step application procedure here
If selected for the programme, the Chevening Scholarship will cover the following
- You will receive coverage for University Tuition fees for your selected degree programme
- The Chevening will offer you a monthly stipend to cover your daily living expenses
- Your Travel costs to and from the UK will be covered by the programme
- On your arrival in the UK, you will receive a settling allowance to settle in.
- At the end of your stay in the UK, you will receive a homeward departure allowance
- The costs related to your visa application will also be covered
- Scholars also receive travel grants to travel and attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Applicants must be nationals/ citizens of a Chevening-eligible country
- You must have graduated with an undergraduate degree at the time of application
- Your degree must be acceptable for admission and enrollment into a postgraduate degree of your choice at a UK university.
- Universities usually accept an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree or better for foreign applicants.
- Candidates must have accumulated at least two years of work experience at the time of application
- You must be ready to return back to your country of citizenship at the end of your studies for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants must be able to apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive unconditional offers
Chevening scholarship applications will open on September 12, 2023 and close on November 7, 2023. Applications are submitted online using the online application portal on the programme website.
All applicants will be required to prove sufficient English language proficiency when applying for a University Course. University Usually accept the following tests.
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
During your Chevening application process, you will be required to submit several documents on different timelines, which include the following.
- Your Education documents including all completed and ongoing degree studies,
- Referees who will submit reference letters on your behalf
- One unconditional offer to study for a master’s degree at a UK university offer.
To apply, Click here
For a detailed guide on how to apply, visit here