British Council Chinese Internship Program (Fully Funded)
Deadline: June 17, 2019
Spend two months in China with a Generation UK internship Live in one of six booming Chinese cities while gaining experience in an industry of your choice.
Whatever your ambitions for the future, your internship will help you stand out from the crowd. New industries and work opportunities in China are rising faster than the skyscrapers that accommodate them, and China may soon overtake the US as the world’s largest economy. Companies across the world will value your experience of China’s culture and business practices.
You’ll also benefit from weekly Mandarin lessons and take part in business and cultural activities, offering you valuable insight into the customs and traditions of China.
Placements are available in the following Chinese cities through our partners CRCC Asia and InternChina.
There are very limited places still available in these cities. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications may close early if all places are filled:
There are limited places still available for these cities. You may apply up to the deadline of 17 June 2019:
Generation UK funding will cover:
- all placement fees
- your accommodation
- comprehensive travel insurance
- pick-up from the airport
- dedicated support throughout your placement.
You will also have access to:
- weekly Chinese language classes
- a programme of business and cultural activities.
- be at least 18 years old
- be currently enrolled full-time at a UK university, or have graduated from one within the past year
- have completed at least one academic year at university
- be a UK or EU passport holder
- have achieved, or be on track to achieve, a 2:1 degree
- meet the student finance eligibility criteria
- not be in receipt of any other Generation UK funding.
Internships are competitive. Funding will be awarded to students who have an excellent academic record and can demonstrate a strong interest in China.
There are three stages of assessment:
- written application
- telephone interview
- final selection by the British Council.
They consider the following in assessing your application:
- academic achievement
- your interest in your chosen industry
- your motivations for wanting to live and work in China.
Apply to one of the following partners: