Deadline : June 1, 2021
Applications for the British Council IELTS Award 2021 are now open. The British Council IELTS Awards give an opportunity to applicants to receive up to £10,000 to fund their studies worldwide. The British Council established the British Council IELTS Award with the major aim of assisting high caliber individuals who have demonstrated strong motivation to develop their career and potential to contribute to society with their studies.
Through this award, successful applicants will be able to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, founded in 1934 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1940, working with more than 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, the English language, education and civil society..
- Selected applicants will receive the British Council IELTS Award worth between £3,000 up to £10,000
- The size of the award will depend on the tuition fees of the institution you wish to enroll to and this must go towards the cost of tuition fees for your selected program
- If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
Eligible applicants must fulfil the following application conditions
- You must be above the age of 18 by 31 July 2021 in order to apply
- Applicants must have taken an IELTS test at a British Council center in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF)
- You test must have been taken between 1 June 2020 and 10 June 2021 and issued by the British Council in Germany
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- You must be planning to enroll in the 2021–22 academic year starting August 2021 onwards
- Applicants must be interested in studying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme taught in English at a university. Universities may be in Germany or abroad but must accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Applicants must have taken or if not, must take the IELTS test at a British Council authorized center in Germany. You must then receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) and must be dated between 1 June 2020 and 10 June 2021 issued by the British Council in Germany. Only TFF reports issued by a British Council in Germany will be accepted.
You must then complete the online application form and submit it by the deadline of 10 June 2021. If selected for the award, You must be willing and demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing your experience with other IELTS candidates.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here