Deadline : March 19, 2020 .
Apply for the thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme (FCP). The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life. The program is administrated by The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland since 1990. The program also includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions.
If you have always wanted to visit Finland and have ever wondered about Finnish society and the Finnish way of life or you’re are a young journalist or social media influencer, then this program is for you. Up to 14 representatives will be selected by embassies in each country will make the selections in cooperation with the Communications Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
ThisisFINLAND’s Foreign Correspondents’ programme will be held again from June 7 to 13, 2020. During the week, you will find out about inspiring Finnish solutions for reaching carbon neutrality, Finland’s human-rights-based foreign policy, and equality in Finnish society, not to mention pristine nature, sauna customs, and vibrant urban culture
- The programme covers travel costs to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation, and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals
To apply for the scholarship, you must fullfill the following conditions:
- You must be citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Angola/Namibia, Tunisia, Israel, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Hungary, Poland and the UK;
- Be an aspiring journalist (recent graduate or soon to graduate) with some work experience in a media company (broadcast, print, or online), or a social media influencer, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- Be able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures, and spending a week in a foreign country;
- Excited about becoming a lifelong friend of Finland!
Rate this post
User Review( vote)
Find below the procedure and required documents for application. Also note that all application documents should be written in English.
- Attached application form
- Curriculum vitae, including photo
- A work sample, or an essay (600–800 words), or a link to a short video (2–3 minutes) emphasising your interest in Finland.
All application materials should be sent by email to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate in your home country
To apply Click here