Deadline : September 15, 2021
Apply for the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program 2021/22. This exchange program based on the Memorandum of Understanding concluded between the Canon Foundation in Europe (CFE) and Kyoto University (KU). The main aim of the programme is to offer high quality fellowships to researchers in fields related to African studies.
Through this programme, eligible students will have the opportunity to attend several research based activities for a specified period of time. These fellowships usually run for a minimum period of three months and a maximum of one year. The 2021/22 fellowships programme will run from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023. Qualified applicants must hold at least an MA degree and employed either at Kyoto University or Kyoto University’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members.
The programme works as described below
- Fellows from Kyoto University travel for research purposes to one of Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa
- scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa travel to Kyoto Japan for research purposes.
Successful applicants will receive several benefits as described below
- Scholars will receive financial support worth from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year
- The funds are intended to cover the scholar’s costs related to travel, accommodation and daily expenses during their stay at their host University/ institution
- Canon Foundation of Europe will directly administer the payments and notify the detailed payment procedure to each successful applicant.
In order to be considered for the program, you must fulfill the following eligible criteria
- Applicants who wish to go for exchange at an African institution must hold at least an MA degree and employed at Kyoto University as post-doctoral fellow or faculty member
- For candidates who wish to go for exchange Kyoto University, you must hold at least an MA and be currently employed at a Kyoto University partner institutions as post-doctoral fellow or faculty member
- For a complete list of Kyoto University’s partner institutions in Africa, please click here
Interested applicants must submit a complete application file by the deadline of September 15, 2021. Eligible applicants are advised to submit the following documents to Kyoto University Africa Unit via the following address ([email protected])
- A well detailed research plan clearly stating the along with proposed starting/ending dates of your proposed research.
- Request 2 reference letters from 2 persons who are in position to comment on your academic qualifications and professional work
- Submit a recent Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants must also submit copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree
- You must also submit a recent passport size photograph.
- Candidates must also submit a list of academic publications or professional achievements if applicable
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here