Deadline : May 21, 2021
Apply for the Cardiff University Jameel MA Scholarships in the United Kingdom for the 2021 academic year. The Centre for the Study of Islam in the UK (Islam-UK Centre) at Cardiff University is now accepting applications for the Cardiff University Jameel Scholarships.
Cardiff University Jameel MA Scholarships are sponsored by Islam-UK Centre. The centre was founded in 2005, and aims to promote a better understanding of Islam and the life of Muslims in Britain. This is achieved through high quality teaching and research and also providing unique training and research opportunities for those seeking onward employment in a range of academic and non-academic careers.
The Jameel Scholarships were established to enable excellent students pursue their studies at Cardiff University. Scholarships are dedicated to students who have the intellect and determination to apply their knowledge for the benefit of Muslim communities in the UK, and to promote better understanding of Islam in wider society
The centre is offering two categories of scholarships, The Islam in Contemporary Britain MA Scholarships and the Religious & Theological Studies programme PhD scholarships.
If selected for one of the scholarships you will be eligibe for the following benefits
- Scholarships under this category are strictly awarded for study on the Islam in Contemporary Britain (MA) programme
- You will receive full tuition fees coverage for the full duration of the course
- The scholarships also comprises of an annual stipend worth £15,896
- You will also receive an one time allowance worth £1,000 to go towards your research costs.
- Scholarships under this category are awarded for a three-year PhD for the Religious & Theological Studies programme.
- You will receive full tuition fees coverage for the full duration of the course.
- The scholarships also comprises of an annual stipend worth £15,896.
- You will also receive an one time allowance worth £2,500 to go towards your research costs.
MA Scholarships Eligibility criteria
- You must posses a first class or very high upper-second class honours degree in a relevant subject from a UK university.
- Relevant subjects include Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Social Sciences, Philosophy or History.
- Scholarships are awarded to UK and EU nationals who hold UK residency at the time f application.
- Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrable record of interest in, and/or enthusiasm for, working with British Muslims.
- Willingness to attend all Islam-UK Centre activities and events (eg weekly Spring Semester Public Lecture Series) and to undertake some voluntary work with local Muslim communities in South Wales.
PhD Scholarships Eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be exceptional UK resident applicants, resident in the UK at the time of application
- You must hold a First Class or high Upper Second-Class Honours Degree or master’s degree.
- Your research proposals must revolve around topics that clearly align with the research interests and expertise of staff at the Islam-UK Centre.
Interested applicants who meet the eligibility criteria must compele and submit the required application forms befire teh programme application deadline. The scholarship forms are seperate for each of teh two scholarship ategories
- MA Jameel Scholarship application form for MA scholarship applicants
- PhD Jameel Scholarship application form for PhD scholarship applicants
Forms are downloaded, comleted and sent as an email attachments. Within the email subject, you must indicate whether you are applying for the MA or PhD scholarship
Applicants are also required to download and complete the relevant referee report form with your application form:
- MA Jameel Scholarship Referee Report form for MA scholarship applicants
- PhD Jameel Scholarship Referee Report form PhD scholarship applicants
The complete application file must be sent to: [email protected].
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here