Deadline : June 4, 2021
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a prestigious and distinctive scholarship program that offers several opportunities to selected participants. Along with financial support, the program also offers leadership development opportunities through various programs such as seminars, networking events, and a one-on-one mentoring programs. In generals, the program aims to foster and enhance the Cargill Global Scholars’ leadership potential and critical thinking skills. At the end of the program, you will have been equipped with tools necessary for becoming a global leaders and a decisions maker.
Throughout the program, the Cargill Global Scholars Program works to build a global network of future leaders who will then have the capability to contribute to advance business, agriculture and food security. Up to around 60 scholarship are awarded to applicants from 6 countries where Cargill Global Scholars operates
There are two (2) main Seminars that take place during the Cargill Global Scholars Program
- The In-Country Leadership Seminar take place in first year where scholars from each country participate in the In-Country Seminar focusing on leadership development, team building, mentorship and in-depth overview of Cargill.
- Global Leadership Seminar takes place in the second year where scholars from all six of the participating countries come together and receive a more in-depth view into Cargill and a continuation of their leadership development training.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Selected scholars will receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years worth $2,500 USD, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- you have the opportunity to participate in a fully-funded In-Country Leadership Seminar in your first Year and Global Leadership Seminar in your second year.
- Scholars receive mentorship from Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals, working one-on-one with mentors to reach these goals through networking and ongoing communications.
- Up on completion of the program, you will become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizen or permanent legal resident of one of the following eligible countries.
- You must be currently enrolled at a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- The scholarship is open to students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme at a university in an eligible country
- You must prove high academic performance and an excellent record
- Applicants must posses leadership potential if they are to be considered for the scholarship
- Priority will be given to applicants financial need
Application open and close on different schedules for every participating country, therefore, you must visit the website specific to your country to see when to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants interested in the program must submit their applications using the online application portal provided. Along with the completed application form, you will be required to submit the following documents
- You must recent CV/ resume with a leadership section
- Request two (2) letters of recommendation to be sent by your recommenders through the application platform.
- Submit your official High School Transcript
- You must also submit your most recent and updated university transcript with your current GPA .
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here