Deadline : November 15, 2021
Apply for the CENIT@EA MSc Embedded and Mobile Systems Scholarships. These scholarships are dedicated to students from the East African Community(EAC) partner states at the School of Computational and Communication Sciences and Engineering (CoCSE) at the Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology (NM-AIST).
This 2-year Master in Embedded and Mobile System aims to fulfill the ever changing needs of the private and public sector in East Africa. During your Master’s degree study experience, you will have the opportunity to engage in different course activities including internships, applied Master thesis, Summer Schools, guest lecturers from the private and public sector, as well as Entrepreneurial and Soft Skills training.
These course activities are aimed to enable students develop the ability to develop and marketize digital solutions, that are crucial for the transformation of industries and the development of the region. Applicants who wish to apply for these scholarships must be able to secure admission for the Master degree in Embedded and Mobile Systems.
Selected applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The Scholarships will cover the full tuition fess for the entire duration of the programme.
- Selected students will receive a monthly living allowance to help cover their daily expenses.
- You will also receive rent assistance as well as financial assistance for studies and research.
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following
- Applicants must be nationals or Citizens of one of the eligible countries (Please see full list here).
- You must have graduated with bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Eligible candidates must have an academic background in the fields of Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or a related field.
- You must have achieved above the average grades in your bachelor’s degree equivalent of a GPA of at least 3.0/5.0
- Your Bachelor’s degree must have been completed in the last six years if you are to be considered
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency with the following results
- TOEFL with a paper-based score of 550 or higher
- Computer-based TOEFL score of 213 or higher
- TOEFL with internet-based score of 80 or higher
- ILETS with score minimum score of 5.5 in every category.
- Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree at a recognized university where English is the language of instruction may be exempted from presenting Test Results
Interested applicants must be able to secure admission for the Master’s degree Embedded and Mobile Systems. Upon submission of your application for admission, you will be able to complete your scholarship application. Please follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Apply for admission to the Master’s programme in Embedded and Mobile Systems. You application for admission must be submitted through the NM-AIST website
STEP 2: Verify that you have a working email address. Applicants must also make sure that they have a stable internet connection
STEP 3: Create a new account from the scholarship application portal. You will be requested to fill out the application form and upload the required documents
Applicants will need to submit the following documents
- Admission Letter or proof of admission for the Master’s degree in Embedded and Mobile Systems
- You must submit your Bachelor’s degree Certificate and Transcript
- Applicants must also submit an Advanced Certificate of secondary school
- Submit a Motivation Letter explaining why you are applying for this scholarship
- Request and submit two (2) recommendation letters from referees that can speak on your behalf
- Submit a recent CV
- Applicants must include proof of English Proficiency if applicable
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here