Deadline : Not Specified
Applications for the CERN short Term Student Internship Programme in Switzerland are now open. Are you a current Bachelor degree student in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics? Are you looking for a training period during the European summer ? This could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Among the main CERN’s key missions is education, which involves sharing knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field. You will have the opportunity to explore beyond your horizon and develop knowledge and expertise applicable in various engineering fields.
For a period of up to six months, you will have the opportunity to work on an advanced technical project as part of an experimental, engineering or computing team. Throughout this period, participants will to attend a series of lectures specially prepared for you. Professionals, experts and scientists from around the world will share their knowledge about a wide range of topics.
The topics for discussion will cover fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing. The programme also includes visits to the CERN facilities, as well as discussion sessions and workshops.
- Interns will receive a subsistence allowance worth 1,516 CHF per month to cover the cost of accommodation and meals during their stay in the Geneva.
- You must have a comprehensive Health Insurance policy during your stay in Switzerland.
- CERN will also assist you in finding accommodation close to your work premises.
- You will have the opportunity to attend extensive physics lecture programme along with a series of IT lectures organized by CERN openlab.
- All nationalities are welcome to apply for the CERN Students summer programme.
- You must be a Bachelor’s student (Post-Secondary) in the fields of Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Applicants must be above the age of 18 at the time of application.
- You must remain registered as a student during this online studentship with CER.
- Candidates must not have not worked at CERN before with any other status CERN programs for more than 3 months
- You have not previously been a Summer Student at CERN
- Applicants must have good command of English with knowledge of French as an advantage.
You must submit your application online before the deadline (Not Specified). You will need several supporting documents, clearly labelled and in PDF format to accompany your application
- Your most recent CV in either English or French.
- Include a copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks
- If available, a reference letter, from your lecturers/teachers and/or previous internship supervisors.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here