Deadline : August 1, 2022
Apply for the CERN Technical Studentships in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Geneva, Switzerland. This Technical Student Programme is dedicated to Bachelor’s and Master’s students who wish to carry spent time in Switzerland for an Internship. The programme is particularly recommended to students whose university requires and/or encourages them to acquire work experience through an internship. This an important opportunity for you to do your internship at CERN in Geneva.
The studentship is dedicated to students who wish to carry out practical training in domains related to Electrical or Electronics Engineering. This studentship will offer you the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology, develop your skills and contribute and broaden your knowledge in areas as varied as high or low voltage electrical engineering, energy distribution, communication networks, computer systems, signal processing, microelectronics radiofrequency and a lot more.
The selection panel at CERN intends to select up to 80 students to join the programme. This is more than work experience. Hurry up and apply for a change of a lifetime to be part of this programme, a student programme like nowhere else on Earth, and an impressive addition to your CV.
Selected students will be eligible for the following benefits from CERN
- You will sign a contract of association for a duration of between 4 to 12 months, depending on your preferred placement duration.
- Selected applicants will receive an allowance worth 3,319 Swiss Francs per month
- CERN will also offer you a travel allowance for travel between your home country and Switzerland.
- In case you are accompanied by your family, you may receive a supplementary allowance
- All programme participants will be eligible for 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
- You will also receive comprehensive Health Insurance covered by CERN
Applicants interested in applying for this opportunity must meet the following conditions
- Eligible candidates must be nationals of one of the CERN Member countries or Associate Member countries (Full List of countries here).
- The programme is open to both Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree students
- At the time selection time, you must have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies
- You must be applying for a studentship with a duration of least 4 and and maximum 12 months
- During the Studentship period, participants must remain full-time registered student at their home institutions.
- All applicants are expected to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English OR French.
Applications for this students programme must be submitted online using the application form provided. Along with the application form, you will also need to submit some required supporting documents. The deadline for application is August 1, 2022.
Your documents must be clearly labeled and must preferably be in PDF format. All documents are uploaded and submitted within the online application. Below is a list of the required documents
- Your most recent CV clearly indication your skills and academic achievements
- Submit a copy of your most recent academic transcript clearly indicating your mark grades (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- Request a reference letter from your University Professor to support your application.
- Applicants who posses a reference letter previous internship may add it as a second reference.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here