Deadline : March 31, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme. The Chevening Secretariat together with the BBC World Service Group are inviting applications from eligible students for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme, commencing in September 2021. This Professional Placement Programme for three and a half month in which selected applicants will complete their placement at the BBC.
If selected, you could be placed in one of a number of areas of World Service Group activity, depending on your skills, field of study as well as interest. These group activities include:
- World Service news programmes
- BBC News online
- World Service radio
- digital output
- BBC Media Action
- BBC Monitoring
- BBC World Service language services
- Solutions-Focused Journalism.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will have the opportunity to have an inside look and enroll on a bespoke one-week course at the BBC College of Journalism.
- Successful applicants will receive the Chevening stipend for whole placement duration. In addition and in order to meet the BBC standards under the New Talent Policy, the BBC will provide a total ‘top up salary’ for the period.
- You will also have exclusive access to College of Journalism courses on the same basis as BBC staff.
- The BBC World Service Group is offering up to eight (8) placements under this internship programme
- You must be a current Chevening Scholar studying relevant degree programme at a University in the UK.
- Applicants must have accumulated at least two years’ experience as a working journalist OR
- You have or will have completed a master’s in journalism from a UK university by the time that the placement starts.
Interested applicants are required to complete a Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form which will be submit in electronic form to [email protected]. You application jst be submitted no later that the deadline of March 31, 2021.
Your application must include the following documents
- Your up-to-date CV.
- Request a status letter from your university confirming the end date of your course.
- You must also include a copy of your passport date page as well as a copy of your current Tier 4 visa/BRP ensuring eligibility to complete the placement in line with immigration regulations.
- Fill and also include the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form.
- The form is available to complete here when applications open at 12:00 17 March
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here