Deadline : April 12, 2023
Apply for the 2023 Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme. The Chevening Secretariat together with the BBC World Service Group are inviting applications from eligible students for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme, commencing in September 2023. This Professional Placement Programme for three and a half month in which selected applicants will complete their placement at the BBC.
If selected, you could be placed in one of a number of areas of World Service Group activity, depending on your skills, field of study as well as interest. These group activities include:
- World Service news programmes
- BBC News online
- World Service radio
- digital output
- BBC Media Action
- BBC Monitoring
- BBC World Service language services
- Solutions-Focused Journalism.
The BBC World Service Group is offering 10 placements to selected eligible candidates for the 2022 placement
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will have the opportunity to have an inside look and enroll on a bespoke one-week course at the BBC College of Journalism.
- Successful applicants will receive the Chevening stipend for whole placement duration. In addition and in order to meet the BBC standards under the New Talent Policy, the BBC will provide a total ‘top up salary’ for the period.
- You will also have exclusive access to College of Journalism courses on the same basis as BBC staff.
- The BBC World Service Group is offering up to ten(10) placements under this internship programme
- You must be a current Chevening Scholar studying relevant degree programme at a University in the UK.
- Applicants must have accumulated at least two years’ experience as a working journalist OR
- You have or will have completed a master’s in journalism from a UK university by the time that the placement starts.
Interested applicants are required to complete a Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form which will be submit in electronic form to [email protected]. You application just be submitted no later that the deadline of April 12, 2023.
Your application must include the following documents
- Your up-to-date CV.
- Request a status letter from your university confirming the end date of your course.
- You must also include a copy of your passport date page as well as a copy of your current Tier 4 visa/BRP ensuring eligibility to complete the placement in line with immigration regulations.
- Fill and also include the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here