Deadline : November 2, 2021
The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships are now open for applications. These fellowships are dedicated to mid-career academics or professionals who demonstrate the dedication to promoting academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
The fellowships are offered with collaboration between the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and OCIS. For the 2022 session, the following fellowships are open for application:
- The Chevening OCIS Fellowship
- Chevening OCIS Abdullah Gül Fellowship
Under this fellowships programme, selected fellows will spend a period of 6 months engaged in self-directed research that will focus on a proposed project on the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies in a global context.
During the fellowship programme, you will have the opportunity to meet a multi-disciplinary group of scholars focusing on the Islamic world. You will develop relations, networks and contacts with relevant individuals and engage in discussions relating to the Islamic world.
Selected fellows for this programme will receive the following benefits.
- The selected fellows will spend a Six-month period of research at OCIS.
- You will receive coverage for living expenses for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- The organization will pay for your return economy airfare from and back to your home country..
- Fellows will receive an allowance package for research-related activities.
- You will also have access to a programme of cultural events and activities organized by the FCO and the Chevening Secretariat.
In order to apply for this programme, you must meet the following conditions
- To apply for the Chevening OCIS Abdullah Gül Fellowship, you must be a citizen of one for the following eligible countries (Please see full list here)
- On its part, applicants for the Chevening OCIS Fellowship Must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be Nationals/ citizens of of of the following countries. (Please see full list here)
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to rise to a position of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential
- You must be ready to return back to your home counter at the end of the programme
- Applicants must posses a postgraduate level degree qualification at the time of application
- You must also posses significant professional and/or academic research experience worth at least five years
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum English language skills
- Please not that you can not hold British citizenship or dual-British citizenship
Applications for the fellowship are submitted online using the provided online application form on the programme website. You application must be submitted by the deadline of November 2, 2021.
As part of your application, you will be required to prepare a short proposal on the area of academic research that you wish to concentrate on during the fellowship.
Your proposal should include a research question as well as an outline explaining how you intend to conduct this research while in residence at the Centre.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here