Deadline : April 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program at Wuhan University. Wuhan University is a key university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. It is located in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province, and known as "the thoroughfare leading to nine provinces"
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. The program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Interested applicants are advised to consult the dispatching authorities in their home countries for the programs available and the specific deadline this year, and apply to the dispatching authorities before the deadline. Usually the application is made through the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in your home country.
- The program supports full or partial scholarships in accordance with the educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations
Benefits for full Scholarship
- Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month
Benefits for full Scholarship
- One or some of the mentioned benefits above
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered for the scholarship
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age as below:
- You must be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- You must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- You must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- You must be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- You must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
- Evidence of English proficiency
You will need create your application and submit it following the steps below
- First, Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Then, Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System （Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in）, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy.
- Remember, You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
- Finally, Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English);
Notarized highest diploma (photocopy). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English) Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.
Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
A CD of your own works (only required for arts students);Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);
Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org);
- A copy of English level certificate, such as IELTS or TOEFL (only required for applicants for English-medium program). Usually applicants should have IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 80 and above if applicants apply for the English-medium program in Wuhan University
The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
The copy of HSK Certificate (if available).
For more information, contact:
Address: Admission Office101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, P.R.China
Post code: 430072,
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Ms.YUAN