Deadline : March 31, 2020 .
Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship program 2020. The Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
Categories, Duration and Language of Instruction
- This scholarship only supports graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years, or doctoral students for no more than four years.
- Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Letter.
- Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-medium program or English-medium program if applicable.
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance: (PHD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- International travel expenses: self-afforded.
- Foreign citizenship, and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a Master degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master degree.
- Applicants of Chinese-medium programs should have at least HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when applying. Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for the major study directly, those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University.
- Applicants of English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test，TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and they will be required to participate in an additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking applicants can be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants for English-medium graduate program of clinical medicine should have HSK Level four or above certificate, and those applicants who have not reached HSK Level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
- Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and required application documents:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- One recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from here or here.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
- Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
- Valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
- There is no application fee for the application of Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in Wuhan University. Applicants should apply directly to Wuhan University and cannot submit application document through any intermediary agencies.
- Applicants do not need to send hard copies of application document. Some of the applicants will receive an interview notice informed by our schools around early April. Only those applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation of the university and are informed by our email notice around April 15th should submit us all application document in two sets of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but one set of the original notarized highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript should be submitted.
To apply Click Here