Deadline : January 15, 2021
Apply for the Clinton Global Initiative University for Exceptional Students and Young Leaders. The Clinton Global Initiative University id dedicated to higher education student leaders with a commitment to take action in their community to address a pressing challenge in their society. Applicants to the program are undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world with passion and motivation to make a positive change in the areas of education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation, and public health.
This is a year-round program in which participant receive high-touch mentorship with a social impact curriculum, funding streams and student engagement events, including an invitation to the CGI U 2021 virtual annual meeting hosted by Howard University.
Eligible applicants to the program and the CGI U Class of 2021 are those who have never previously been accepted to CGI U and are at least 18 years of age and are ready to be available for the entirety of the scheduled dates of the four online program modules outlined below. Accepted students are required to attend and fully participate in all online module activities.
- Students who apply Early Decision will also have an opportunity to apply for travel assistance. All applicants are encouraged to complete the travel assistance portion of their applications for CGI U.
- CGI U will negotiate room blocks at favorable rates with several hotels in the area where our meetings take place, which will be shared with registered students in advance of the meeting. There will also be an opportunity to request to share a hotel room with other attendees.
- CGI U will provide meals for attendees free of cost for the duration of the meeting.
- Applicants from all overt the world are welcome to apply for the program
- Eligible applicants are those who have not previously been accepted to CGI U program
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Only applicants who are currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning at the time of application may apply.
- The program modules are as follows. Participants will be expected to complete all modules
- Participation in one, hour-long small group discussion per module (4 in total) (to be scheduled by Commitment Mentors)
- Review of CGI U’s 30-minute webinar recordings and readings, which will be housed on the online platform, and completion of all accompanying exercises
- Completion of one 30-minute individual coaching session with their Commitment Mentor per module (4 in total)
- Completion of Commitment to Action progress report
You will have to complete the online application in order to be considered for the program . You will complete your application form and you can use the application preview to draft your responses before you begin the application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here