Cambridge Consultants Code for Good Scholarship - Attend OYW Summit & Get Mentorship in Cambridge
Deadline: May 3, 2019
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in disruptive innovation and technology-based consulting. Established in 1960, our world-class engineers, designers, scientists and consultants solve the world’s most complex engineering, technology and design problems to deliver world-firsts.
Through six decades of innovation, we have demonstrated the power of technology to solve complex problems at scale. This year we’re excited to partner with One Young World to identify and support young leaders who share our belief in the power of technology to alleviate suffering and empower a new generation.
The Cambridge Consultants’ Scholarship has been established to support young people who want to apply technology to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Applications using data analysis, artificial intelligence, language processing, novel designs for Human Interaction or similar fields are particularly interesting to us. Your innovation can be wholly software, or some large product or service where software is just one of the important parts.
As well as participating in the One Young World Summit 2019, scholarship recipients will receive remote mentoring, an intensive two week residency at our Cambridge (UK) headquarters and support in developing their innovations.
- 3 months remote mentoring and support to develop your innovation
- Guided access to Cambridge Consultants’ prototype and development capabilities and laboratories
- Travel to Cambridge (UK) and accommodation for 2 weeks between 7 and 21 October
- Workplace based mentoring and support at their Cambridge (UK) headquarters
- Fully funded participation in the One Young World Summit 2019
- Support in developing, or launching and refining your innovation
This scholarship is designed to support young leaders* who aim to use technology to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals in their own community or country.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Developing expertise in technology, software or design
- A passion for pressing sustainability issues
- A developing concept to apply technology to drive progress on the Sustainable Development Goals
We are particularly keen to connect with innovators working to address Goal 13: Climate Action, but would welcome applications from people working on:
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land