Deadline : July 20, 2021
Apply for the Computing Fellowship in Software Engineering at CERN in Switzerland. In their recent project to replace the existing landscape of silo applications by a single modern PLM platform, CERN’s Product Lifecycle Management systems (PLM) which manages Computer-Aided Design (CAD) data and technical documentation for CERN in Looking to Recruit a Computing fellow. The fellow will be with a team of other Engineers. During your time at CERN, you be given the opportunity to specify, design and deliver functionalities that integrate and extend the use of the future PLM platform.
You will work in several applications in the field of Engineering which will include CAD Data Management, Engineering Document Management, 3D model visualization integration with other information systems and quality of legacy data.
As a computing fellow, your tasks will include the following
- You will perform data analysis and data migration.
- Build, maintain and operate CPU and GPU intensive computer applications
- You will also carry out code review, testing, delivery and support of the software
- As a fellow, you will be involved in CERN’s new PLM platform using web, .NET and CAD-specific technologies
If selected for this fellowship position, CERN will provide you with the following benefits:
- You will sign an employment contract for a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of 36 months.
- As a fellow, you will receive a monthly stipend worth between 5,305 and 6,586 Swiss Francs
- You will have comprehensive health scheme for you and your family and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- As a fellow, you may also be eligible for an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances
- CERN will reimbues you for the costs incurred during your travels to and from Geneva.
- You will also be eligible for 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
To apply for this position, you will be required to meed the following criteria
- Applicants must be nationals of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (Please see full list here)
- You must have graduated or about to graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Your degree or area of study must b in a computer science, engineering or another relevant course
- Applicants must have no more than than 4 years’ relevant experience from the time they obtained their degree
- You must posses Essential and desired skills and experience including the following
Interestes applicants must submit their applications online using the provided online applcation portal. To complete your application, you must sumit the following documents.
- Submit your most recent Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of your Diploma, Degree , certificates and most recent relevant qualification.
- Request two recent letters of recommendation, giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
- Letters of recommendation may be uploaded at the time of application if already available.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here