Deadline : May 17, 2021
Apply for the Croatian Government Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. The scholarships are funded and offered by the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia together with the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MFEA). These Croatian Government Scholarships are awarded for undergraduate as well as graduate university studies at Croatian Universities. The scholarships are dedicated to young Christians from developing countries all around the world.
The scholarships are awarded as part of the Croatian Government commitment to international development and the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. This is coupled by the need to while promote dignity, fundamental human rights and well-being, developing human capabilities and realizing full potential, regardless of gender, status, affiliation, belief or place of residence.
The Croatian Government also recognizes that religious minorities, primarily Christians are one of the vulnerable groups in the world. It is there for this reason that the Croatian government wishes to work within the scope of international development cooperation to tackle such issues. Scholarship recipients will return to their home countries, to contribute to the development of their communities.
If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive full coverage for the tuition fees for the study programme you will have selected.
Selected applicants will receive full accommodation for the entire duration of their degree programme.
You will receive an monthly allowance worth 1.600 kuna to cover your daily expenses
Scholarship holders will receive basic health insurance coverage for the entire duration of their stay n Croatia
Travel expenses to Croatia and back to the country of origin including expenses for visa application are covered by the scholarship package
- The cost of tuition, accommodation and livening during your Croatian language preparatory year will also be covered by the programme
- Applicants for the scholarships must be citizens of the developing countries from the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
- You must have successfully completed your high school at the time of application, if you are applying to study for an Undergraduate programme
- Applicants for a Master’s degree programme must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree at at the time of application
- You must demonstrate excellent academic performance from your previous studies
- Selected candidates must be ready to study for a full academic year of Croatian language preparation course.
- The preparatory curse is essential as most degree programmes are offered in the Croatian language
- This scholarship is granted for duration of the study program. However it is renewed every year subject to sufficient academic performance
You must submit your application electronically, via the email addresses provided at the bottom of the page. Your application package must include the following
- You must submit a well written letter of motivation with a minimum of 250 words. The letter should include in detail the reason for applying for the program. You must also include within the letter, first choice selection for a study program and the University selected
- Applicants must also include a recently issued the medical certificate
- You are also requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae in Europass format
- All applicants must submit scanned copies of their high school or university diploma as well as report cards for the two previous academic years (If you have not yet completed your studies at the time of application).
- Request a letter of recommendation from your local parish or church community.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here