Deadline : December 1, 2020
Apply for the DAAD International Summer School of German Language and Culture in Germany of the 2021 summer period. This programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German including the general language as well as the special language and their cultural knowledge of Germany.
Applications are invited from students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area studying at a university of one of the programme-related countries. Bachelor degree student applicants must have completed at least two academic years in order to be eligible to apply.
The International Summer School of German Language and Culture funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language and terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
These summer courses will for at least 18 teaching days at selected universities in Germany for a maximum of days per week, and a minimum of 25 hours of teaching for a given week. The summer courses will take place in the period from June to November at selected universities.
- Selected participants will receive a one-off scholarship payment of 1,061 euros
- If you are a scholarship holders from a Least Developed Countries, you will receive a scholarship of 1,236 euros.
- The scholarship offers a country-specific travel allowance to cater for your travel costs
- You will receive coverage for health, accident and personal liability insurance cover during your stay in Germany.
- Coverage for Course fees and accommodation expenses. These are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider
Please make sure you fulfill the following requirements before you apply
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by the start for the summer program.
- You must be a Bachelor’s or Master’s student before and after the start of the program
- Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the programme-related countries with the exception of Germany
- You must be able to follow understand and participate in lectures conducted in German and collaborate in teams.
- Applicants must provide Proof of German language skills during the application process.
- Proof may be in form of any of the following language certificates : onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat or German Abitur
- Your language certificate should be no more than two years old at the time of application.
Applicants must submit their applications via the online DAAD Portal. You will have to complete your applicationa nd submit the required supporting documenst before teh deadlijne of 1 december, 2020. Find below the required application doecments
- The official online application form
- You must attach your most recent curriculum vitae in tabular form, in German
- Applicants must also submit a Letter of motivation written in German)
- You must submit all your recent copies of academic documents including school leaving certificate (for Bachelor degree applicants or Bachelor degree certificate for Master degree applicants
- Academic certificates must be submitted in English or Germany and official translations may accompany in case the originals are not issued in English or Germany.
- You must submit your proof of Language certificates
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here