Deadline : March 2, 2020 .
Apply for the Darmasiswa Indonesian Government Scholarship Programs 2020. DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 135 countries. The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- You will receive a scholarship component in the form of living expenses and accommodation assistance costs, with the amount as follows:
- a. The monthly living allowance is Rp2,000,000 (two million rupiah)
- b. Boarding assistance of Rp950,000 (nine hundred fifty thousand rupiah) for region 1 and Rp550,000 (five hundred fifty thousand rupiah) for region 2.
- c. Region 1 consists of: DKI Jakarta, Bogor, Banten, Cikarang, Depok, Batam, Bandung, Surabaya, Bali, Manado, Makassar, Ambon, Aceh, and Samarinda.
- d. Region 2 consists of: Medan, Padang, Palembang, Lampung, Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta and Malang.
- Participants get health insurance services through BNI Life providers and BNI Life cards that are distributed to participants at the time of arrival orientation.
- Darmasiswa Participants are given accommodation and transportation during the Program Orientation if the arrival of Participants is according to the arrival schedule determined by the Bureau. If the Darmasiswa participants attend outside the specified schedule, the costs will be borne by each participant.
- a. Darmasiswa participants will receive a settlement allowance of Rp1,000,000.00 (one million rupiah).
- b. Darmasiswa participants can be assisted by the Managing Higher Education and PKLN Bureau of the Ministry of Education and Culture in administering immigration documents.
- Darmasiswa participants are assisted by Managing Universities in finding housing.
To be eligible for a scholarship, candidate students :
- Be Foreign nationals
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Have a Minimum age 18 years and Not older than 27 years of age
- Be able to communicate in English (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying
- Have good interest to learning about language, art and culture
- Not registered as Darmasiswa’s Alumni
- Not currently studying in Indonesia
- Not currently working in Indonesia
Required documents and files:
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 24 months from the time of applying
- Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable)
- Photo passport colour
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
- The video shows full of body and has a maximum duration of 2 minutes to tell about the motivation to join the program and what will be done after the program, as an ambassador of Indonesian culture. (in English or Indonesian)