Deadline : January 15, 2023
Apply for the Draper Hills Summer Fellows Program at Stanford University in the U.S 2023. The Draper Hills Summer Program (DHSF) was launched in 2005 with funding form the generous support from Bill Draper and Ingrid von Mangoldt Hills with an aim of bringing together ideas from different perspectives from around the globe on topics in law, politics, government among others.
This is a three-week intensive academic training program and is hosted annually at Stanford University’s Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law in the United States. DHSF aims to bring together a group of 25 to 30 mid-career practitioners in law, politics, government, private enterprise, civil society, and international development from all regions of the world.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a unique forum for emerging leaders aimed at connecting, exchanging experiences, and you will receive academic training to enrich your knowledge and advance your work. Running for three weeks, the summer fellowship allows participants to participate in academic seminars that will expose them to the theory and practice of democracy, development, and the rule of law. This is a great opportunity to enrich your thinking with training by leading Stanford faculty from the Stanford Law School, the Graduate School of Business, and the departments of economics and political science.
Fellows will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will get coverage for payment for accommodations, meals, and transportation costs during the duration of the Program.
- Fellows will also receive a travel fund in case cannot support their travel or need to apply for a partial subsidy.
- Priority for accessing the travel fund will be given based on need, and destinations from which airline fares to California are exorbitant.
- Applicants from all around the world are welcome to apply for the fellow.
- You must be a mid-career practitioners working actively in the fields of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
- Eligible candidates are those working as policy-makers, academics, legal professionals, social entrepreneurs, business entrepreneurs, and leaders of civil society organizations (such as representatives of trade unions, nongovernmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations).
- Applicants must have academic credentials necessary to participate and contribute to the six-hour seminars each day and tackle advanced academic readings to complement the classroom-based curriculum.
- You should hold at least a bachelor’s degree at the time of participation in the program though this is not a requirement for admission to the program.
- Fellows will be required to have proof of working knowledge of English in order to participation in the program. It is expected that each fellow has a solid command of written and spoken English to fully benefit and participate in the program.
The Summer program will run from July 23, 2023 to August 11, 2023 at Stanford University in the United States.
In order to submit your Draper Hills Summer Fellows program application, you will have to use the WizeHive application system made specific for applications. Applicants will have to create new accounts and fill in all the relevant information, and can save their work at any time and return to the form at their own convenience.
During the Application process, you will have to submit the following information
- Applicant Information: Personal information including residence and citizenship.
- Academics & Career Information: Here, you will provide your information regarding your current and past academic achievements.
- Resume/CV: A recent CV introducing our expertise and work experience.
- Essay Questions: You will have to submit several responses to questions related to the program themes and your experience working on topics related to the program themes.
- English Language Proficiency: Proof of sufficient English proficiency to enable you participate in the Summer program.
- Video Submission: A 2 minutes video expressing your reasons for applying and convincing the selection committee why you should be selected
- Financial Information
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Personal Certification
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here