Deadline : November 15, 2021
Apply for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Enterprise for Peace Scholarship 2022 to attend the pre-Summit programme and the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
The Summit will take place from 16 to 19 May 2022 in Tokyo, Japan where over 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries will gather to to present and debate solutions to the most pressing issues of our time.
In the same spirit, One Young World and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs seek to help young people gain skills to create sustainable job opportunities focusing on education and the future of work. The One Young World Enterprise for Peace programme provides a platform to highlight the potential of young leaders as a solution to fostering prosperous and peaceful societies.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits provided by the Netherlands MFA
- You will gain access to the pre-Summit programme of the Netherlands MFA
- Access to the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan from 16 to 19 May, 2022.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in the pre-summit location that will be communicated.
- You will also receive provision for travel from and back to your country of origin.
- Participants will be provided with catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during both the pre-Summit programme and the One Young World Summit.
- You will be provided with transportation between the One Young World Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Eligible countries: You must be a national and resident of Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 34 by date of the pre-programme and One Young World Summit.
- You must demonstrate active engagement in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role
- A working understanding of English. Both the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit programme will be in English.
In addition to the requirements described above, Scholars who demonstrate the following will have an added advantage:
- An evidenced commitment to creating positive impact through (social) entrepreneurship in their communities
- Applicants with proven leadership ability in their communities will have priority.
- Demonstrate capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- Proven Interest and concern for local and global issues
- The ability for the candidate to generate and articulate impactful ideas
To apply, you must click on the application link that will direct you to the application portal. You must complete all the required information correctly before submitting your application.
Please remember, the deadline for submission is November 15, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here