Deadline : March 29, 2020 .
Apply for the Dutch MFA/One Young World Enterprise for Peace Scholarship 2020 to attend the pre-Summit programme in The Hague, the Netherlands and the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
The Summit will take place from 14-17 October 2020, where over 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries will gather across the city’s well-known venues, including Olympiapark, Olympiahalle, and Bavarian Parliament
In the same spirit, One Young World and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs seek to help young people gain skills to create sustainable job opportunities focusing on education and the future of work. The One Young World Enterprise for Peace programme provides a platform to highlight the potential of young leaders as a solution to fostering prosperous and peaceful societies.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits provided by the Netherlands MFA
- Access to the pre-Summit programme of the Netherlands MFA on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 October 2020 in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Access to the One Young World Summit from Wednesday 14 to Saturday 17 October 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in The Hague and Munich.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands.
- Transportation between the One Young World Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Air travel to the Netherlands, coach to Munich and air travel from Munich back to country of destination.
- Profiling in various media outlets.
- Schengen visa costs are covered (based on reimbursement post-Summit)
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Eligible countries: Ypu must be a national and resident of Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of the pre-programme and One Young World Summit 2020: 12-17 October.
- Demonstrate active engagement in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role
- Nationals and residents in one of the following countries:
- A working understanding of English. Both the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit programme will be in English.
In addition to the requirements described above, Scholars who demonstrate the following will have an added advantage:
- An evidenced commitment to creating positive impact through (social) entrepreneurship in their communities
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
To apply Click here